ProM Lite is an end-user release.
The regular ProM release (like the ProM 6.5.1a release) is a release targeted at researchers. Researchers can use such a release to refer to in their publications. As such, a regular release should not change (no updates), as any change may invalidate results obtained by the release.
As ProM Lite is targeted at end-users, it allows for updates to the packages included in the release. As a result, ProM Lite should not be used to refer to from publications, as it is a moving target.
When starting ProM Lite, and if an internet connection is available, ProM Lite will check whether there are any updates. If so, it will ask the end-user whether to install the updates. If yes, it will first install the updates. At the end, it will start ProM as usual.
- Requires Java 7 or better.
- Uses http://www.promtools.org/prom6/packageslite/packages.xml as default repository.
- Uses .ProMLite as default user folder.
- Installs by default in the prom-Lite folder in the user’s home folder.
- Revision 26697.
- Only shows plug-ins that have level PeerReviewed or better. Existing levels are:
- Local: This plug-in is for testing and/or debugging purposes only.
- NightlyBuild: This plug-in is to be included in a nightly build, but not in any release.
- Regular: This plug-in is to be included in regular (research) releases.
- PeerReviewed: This plug-in has been reviewed by peers, and may be included in lite (education) releases.
- BulletProof: This plug-in is claimed to be unbreakable (for those who dare).
- Checks for new packages and updates when started. If these exist, it asks the user whether to install them. If yes, it installs them.
- Does not come with a separate Package Manager, as it can now do the updates itself.
- Does not allow to select multiple files when importing.
- Shows an overlay with a progress bar when importing.
- Updates the action view better.
See Packages for the current list of packages included in this release.
See Plug-ins for the current list of plug-ins available to the end-user in this release.